IRDS™ News & Events
The IRDS has transitioned to the IEEE Computer Society as part of the new "Task Force on Rebooting Computing." The Task Force on Rebooting Computing (TFRC), is the new home for the IEEE Rebooting Computing Initiative. The TFRC includes the IRDS/INC for road mapping activities and the INC meeting, the ICRC for conferences, and the LPIRC competitions.
- The IEEE IRDS™ 2020 IFT Readouts was held virtually on 30 November at the 2020 IEEE International Conference on Rebooting Computing (ICRC). View Program.
- The 2020 IEEE International Nanodevices & Computing (INC)/IRDS™ Conference was held 2-3 September 2020 as a virtual event.
- The 2020 Edition of the IRDS™ has been released. The reports are available for download on the 2020 Edition page.
- The 2021 IRDS is scheduled to be released this spring and will be publicly available.
- Updated Guidelines Identify Trends for the Development of Electronic Devices and Systems - The Institute covers the 2018 Update of IRDS™, as well as additional roadmaps being developed throughout IEEE on Wide-Bandgap Semiconductors, 5G Networks, and Heterogeneous Integration.
- How Are Process Nodes Defined? - ExtremeTech provides an overview of process nodes, scaling, and related advances in the semiconductor industry. It also covers the history of IRDS™.
- “2021 IRDS IFT Summaries” (in Japanese) - Virtual Webinar
- June 7, 2021
- Day 1 – 2021 IRDS IFT Roadmap Summaries
- This webinar will present the 2021 IRDS in Japanese local time and in the Japanese language.
- "The Future of Nanoelectronics Devices and Systems Beyond Moore" - Hybrid Conference (in-person and online)
- August 31, 2021
- The location is William the Conqueror Castel, in the auditorium of Museum of Fine Arts. Caen, Normandy, France.
- Day 1 -- The Future of Nanoelectronics Devices and Systems Beyond Moore, Sessions 1-5.
- A Workshop devoted to the update of the European contribution to the IRDS Roadmap in the field of More than Moore, Beyond CMOS and Emerging Materials (supported by EDS).
- Go to the following link for more information and program: https://eurosoiulis2021.
- Register by August 10
- More information at http://www.sinano.eu/the-
future-of-nanoelectronics- devices-and-systems-beyond- moore-workshop
- Sept. 1-3, 2021: 2021 EUROSOI-ULIS (https://eurosoiulis2021.
- “IRDS and the International Nanotechnology Conference (INC)” - Virtual Webinar
- September 23-24, 2021
- Day 1 -- IRDS IFT teams present the 2021 IRDS Summaries and “Sneak Peak at 2022 IRDS Key Messages”
- Day 2 -- INC: The theme is “Nano Devices”
- Invited keynotes from Europe, Japan, USA will present
- December: IRDS at the ICRC!
- Day 1 -- IRDS IFT readouts as part of the ICRC
This calendar indicates public events that showcase the progress of IRDS™. The IRDS™ also partners with conferences with shared interests.
IEEE IRDS™ 2020 IFT Readouts
30 November 2020 | Virtual Event
IEEE INC 2020/IRDS™ Fall 2020 IFT Readouts
2-3 September 2020 | Virtual Event
INC/IRDS™ 2020 was held 2-3 September as a virtual event.
Sessions are available on-demand for a limited time. If you previously registered for this conference, sign in with your IEEE account and access the recordings via the links below.